Ropes Courses

 10/21/20

    If you have not checked out either of the two ropes courses on campus, I strongly suggest you to do so. I wouldn't have even known about them had it not been for a fieldwork requirement in my Administration and Management of Physical Activity class. Each course consists of a High-Ropes portion. One has a rock wall and the other has a zip line. 
    I learned a lot throughout this experience such as how to monitor, orchestrate, and instruct a group belay; the different types of equipment involved such as safety rollers, transfer ropes, and lobster claws; how to properly transfer participants from different tethers and ropes so that they are always safely connected to the course; and how to properly lower participants from the zip line.
    There is definitely a huge responsibility on your shoulders when working these ropes courses. You constantly have to be alert and aware that you are transferring and connecting participants properly; monitoring and clearly instructing proper safety techniques; ensuring participant equipment is worn correctly; demonstrating correct mechanics in maneuvering the equipment; and always breaking down the course once the event is complete to prevent the use of it without professional supervision. 

Comments

  1. I think the rope courses look fun! I have never done anything like them. Down near home for me their is a ropes course called GoApe. I agree these courses seem very dangerous and certainly is alot of responsibility. I will be going to the ropes courses in the near future now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy Sleeping Habits

Aerobic Exercise Recommendations

Improving Flexibility